Working Papers

The Child Labor Law protects minors from working excessive hours and under hazardous conditions. For workers under the age of 18 there are limits on daily and weekly hours, limits on the actual hours of work, and restrictions on the types of work which can be performed.

All minors under the age of 18 who work in New Jersey must have an employment certificate also called "working papers" or a special permit (for agriculture, newspaper carrier, or theatrical employment).

NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Job Opportunities for Young Workers
Hours of Work
Rate of Pay
Prohibited Occupations for Young Workers
Employment Certificates
Publications and Posters
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.